Bernie Sanders’ cabinet. Any suggestions?
Who should fill the other positions?
On facebook people commented:
- “Drop Grayson & replace with Russ Feingold.”
- “Pierre Trudeau has a more diverse cabinet and I think Bernie should too.”
- “Robert Reich is a must have.”
- “Secretary of Labor Robert Reich.”
- “EPA: Erin Brockovich or Robert Kennedy Jr.”
- “Jim Web, Sec. State; Wesley Clark, Department of Defense; Dennis Kucinich, Sec. Commerce; Nassim Taleb, Sec. Treasury; Elizabeth Warren, Sec. Energy; Jesse Ventura, Vice President (because no one in the corporatocracy is going to want to see him as president.)”
- “John Stewart- Press Secretary”
- “Keith Olbermann SEC”
- Where’s the spot for Neil Tyson DeGrasse and Bill Nye?
- Bill Moyers, VP
- I’d maybe swap out Alan Grayson for Secretary of Defense. As much as I love him, he’s a little too pro-Netanyahu for my taste.
- “Rachael Madow press secretary”
- “Rush Holt, Department of Energy; Feingold in there somewhere; Barbara Boxer, Secretary of Interior; Bill Richardson, Secretary of State; Laura Tyson, economic advisor”
- Walter Kloefkorn suggested:
Secretary of State — Barbara Lee, if not VP; Dennis Kucinich (or Elizabeth);
Secretary of the Treasury —Michael Hudson;
Secretary of Defense — Winslow Wheeler;
Attorney General — Keith Ellison (inspired choice Don);
Secretary of the Interior — Raul Grijalva (the Grand Canyon would be safe);
Secretary of Agriculture — My heart says Wendell Berry, but I doubt he’d take the job, former Texas Ag Commissioner Jim Hightower or Fred Kirschenmann;
Secretary of Commerce — Nick Hannauer
Secretary of Labor — Larry Cohen, former CWA president, or Richard Trumka;
Secretary of Health and Human Services — Patty Murray (or Veterans Affairs);
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development — Rev. WIlliam Barber
Secretary of Transportation — James Howard Kunstler;
Secretary of Energy — Maria Cantwell;
Secretary of Education Karen Lewis;
Secretary of Veterans Affairs — Jim Webb
Secretary of Homeland Security — Stephen Cohen
VP — Barbara Lee;
Surgeon General — Our country needs a psychiatrist, Jim McDermott. He could lead the push for single payer;
National Security Advisor — Ray McGovern;
Tom Geoghegan would be worthy of Labor or AG consideration.
U.S Special Trade Representative — Lori Wallach