Next Progressive Radio Forum this Wed. Hope to see you there!
Tweets, Posts & Chat: Progressive Radio in the Social Media Age
Wednesday, March 26, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Impact Hub Seattle
220 Second Avenue South, Seattle
Accessible building served by major bus routes
- independent journalist Mark Taylor-Canfield (http://facebook.com/mtaylorcanfield), a regular contributor to national progressive radio shows headlined by Thom Hartmann, Mike Papantonio/Ring of Fire Radio, Sam Seder/Majority Report, Norman Goldman, Jeff Santos/Revolution Radio Network, Nicole Sandler/Radio or Not and others;
- Jacob Dean, host and creator of the Portland-based Filter Free Radio (http://filterfreeradio.com/) and former producer for The Thom Hartmann Program; and
- Seattle/Portland based Space Dog Radio (http://spacedogradio.com/), “a fully independent radio station that provides entertaining sounds about a wide spectrum of topics while taking the art of radio to a new level.”
Get your progressive tweet on!RSVP: on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/850179691664765/
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the topics we’ll explore:
1) An overview of the social networking platforms and technologies used to access and promote progressive media: Hardware (Desktops/Laptops/Mobile Devices) & Software Applications, Facebook, Twitter, Google Groups, Sound Cloud, YouTube, Chat Rooms, Mumble, etc.
2) How progressive radio producers/hosts use social networking platforms to find a progressive audience, organize progressive media networks, interact with other content providers, recruit guests, produce programming, etc.
3) How to use social networking tools to strengthen advocacy and catalyze action.
4) How to develop your own unique style and approach to using social media.
Thanks all you petition signers! Keep spreading the word. Please cut-n-paste this and send to all your progressive friends and contacts!
Progressive Radio Northwest