(From: Gini Paulsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
The Bradley Manning Legal Team is gearing up for the start of Court Proceedings beginning probably at the end of this October.
What did Bradley Manning reveal by leaking information?
1. There is an official policy to ignore torture in Iraq.
2. US officials were told to cover up evidence of child abuse by contractors in Afghanistan
3. Guantanamo prison has held mostly innocent people and low-level operatives.
4. There is an official tally of civilian deaths in Iraq and AFghanistan. For example, between 2004 and 2009
the US government counted a total of 109,000 deaths in Iraq, with 66,081 classificed as non-combatants.
5. US military officials withheld information about the indiscriminate killing of Reuters journalists and
innocent Iraqi civicilans
6. The State Dept backed corporate oppositon to a Haitian minimum wage law.
7. The US Government had long been faking public support for Tunisian Pres. Ben Ali.
8. Known Egyptian torturers received training from the FBI in Quantico, VA
9. The Japanese and US Governments had been warned abut the seismic threat at Fukushima
10. The Obama Administration allowed Yemen’s Pres to cover up a secret US drone bombing campaign.
Copied from the Bradley Manning Support Network newsletter Oct 2011. (http://www.bradleymanning.org)
WHAT CAN WE DO?
Write Bradley Manning: Bradley Manning, 89289
830 Sabalu Road
Ft Leavenworth KS 66027
Contribute to his Legal Defense Fund
Bradley Manning Defense Fund
c/o Courage to Resist
484 Lake Park Ave #41
Oakland CA 94610-2730
Please note “In no case shall information be classified….in order: to conceal violations of law, inefficiency, or administrrative error; prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency…. or prevent or delay the release of information that does not require protection in the interest of national security: Executive Order 13526, Sec 1.7, Classification Prohibitions and Limitations.
Write a letter of protest to President Obvama dn Army Officeals with a personal appeal to drop the chargess and free Bradley Manning.
Pres Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennslvania Ave NW
Washington DC 20500
Hon Mr John M McHugh
Secretary of US Armny
101 Army Pentagon, Rm 3E560
Washington DC 20310-0101
Gen Martin E Dempsey
Chief of Staff of the US ARmy
101 Army Pentagom, Rm 3E672
Washington DC 20310-0200
Sign petition at http://www.standwithbrad.org
“The liberties of a people never were, no ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them” Patrick Henry (Give me liberty, or givce me death.)