The progressive social justice group Faithful America is reporting in an email:
President Trump’s religious right supporters have just launched a new antisemitic conspiracy-theory video attacking Faithful America and other Christian social-justice organizations.
The so-called “American Association of Evangelicals,” which first emerged on the eve of the 2016 presidential election, alleges that we’re part of “Soros’s formula for killing America.”
Many of the religious-right leaders behind this video are among President Trump’s official advisers and endorsers. Their strategy is clear: Delegitimizing those who dare to challenge the administration as “fake” Christians acting at the behest of a shadowy Jewish billionaire.
Below are excerpts from the letter sent out by right-wing Evangelical leaders. The letter is useful for exposing the thinking of such people, including the distortions, lies, and conspiracy theories.
“An Open Letter to Christian pastors, leaders and believers who assist the anti-Christian Progressive political movement in America”Each of us is called to repentance. Our entire nation will be revived as we return to the Lord. We, the evangelical and Catholic signatories below, know we are sinners forgiven by the saving work of Christ. And believers who normally turn the other cheek are, at times, also called to overturn tables. This is a moment for such believers to speak truth to power.
With hope for justice and restoration, thousands of Christian believers continue to urge ‘progressive’ evangelicals and Catholics to repent of their work that often advances a destructive, anti-Christian political agenda. Many believers mean well but don’t understand the financial, political forces at work, thus we write this letter (and videos) to pull back the curtain. We desire the best for you.
As leaked documents confirm, and as Rev. Jim Wallis of Sojourners eventually admitted, wealthy, anti-Christian foundations, following the lead of billionaire George Soros’s Open Society Foundation, fund and “rent”* curious “evangelical” and “Catholic” “mascots” serving as deceptive validators for their causes. The consequent realities include injury to countless people, the Church, the family, nation and the global Church including many martyrs.
We must reclaim the Church’s witness in the world. Biblical truth and wisdom are the highest love for human beings. While God loves justice and mercy for all, many “social justice” campaigns are politically crafted and not the true Gospel. Only the truth of our sin, both personal and systemic, and Jesus’ atoning sacrifice for our salvation and rebirth, is true hope for persons and nations. The gospel charges all things with hope.
Consider some of the consequences of ‘Progressive’ political activism over the past few decades:
1. A growth industry trafficking in human baby organs and body parts, funded and defended by the Democratic Party.
2. The abandonment of a biblical view of marriage that protected and liberated children and adults from centuries of pagan slavery, poverty, polygamy and non-life-giving sexuality.
3. The Transgender agenda including gender “reorientation” of our children, also being forced on our neighbors, businesses, schools, military and churches.
4. Socialism, higher taxes and government regulations. These policies stifle human creativity, productivity, family stability and generosity. Such policies increase joblessness, welfare dependency and national debt.
5. Heightened racial division and tension, and the growing phenomenon of paid demonstrators being recruited and dispatched to instigate protests that often become riots.
6. Open borders and lawless ‘sanctuary’ cities increasing drugs, disease, crime, gangs and terrorism.
7. Amnesty efforts that attempt to give voting rights to millions of non-citizens, giving the results of our elections and nation’s future to many who disregarded our laws, customs, history, identity and values. This does not honor our long-standing tradition of legal immigration to those who come in good faith and to assimilate and bless America.
8. Forced refugee resettlement in hundreds of American cities without citizen consent, mandated by the Obama-era federal government in partnership with the United Nations. (Refugees were primarily non-assimilating Muslims, while authorities often reject persecuted Christians.)
9. Hostility towards Judeo-Christian religious liberty in our courts, large corporations, media and universities including the suppression of conservative speakers, free thought and moral education.
10. The growing recognition of a “Deep State” within our government, including ideological bureaucrats embedded in our DOJ, IRS, FBI and Department of State, that intimidates and seeks to subvert conservative, patriotic and Christian groups that disagree with the ‘Progressive’ political establishment.
For many years, Soros’s Open Society and other liberal foundations have funded not only most of the disturbing campaigns mentioned above (1-10) but also the Religious Left, using and creating ostensibly evangelical and Catholic organizations to “message and mobilize” Christians into Progressive causes. They use the Marxist-Alinsky tactic of funding “ministers” who cherry-pick faith language to confuse and divide the Church’s morality, mission and vote.
At a time when many Christian ministries are struggling, a few of the Soros network “faith” and “interfaith” grantees are Jim Wallis of Sojourners, Richard Cizik’s New Evangelical Partnership, Telos, J Street to malign Israel, Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, Faithful America and Gamaliel. Faith in Public Life to “counter” Christians and conservatives in the media and, with PICO, advocate for amnesty, mass Islamic migration, and even to attempt to influence the visit and priorities of the Vatican and Pope Francis himself. Billions of additional dollars to “Christian VOLAGs” for large scale “refugee” and migrant resettlement came from the Obama State Dept. and USAID.
Joining “faith” fronts, the Soros network also funds thousands of other collaborators and projects that suggest a pattern and goal to demoralize America (and Europe). The list includes: film studios and hundreds of media outlets; attempts to control the Internet; racial and gender agitation; euthanasia; drug legalization and “injection zones;” abortion and the “sex worker” industry; Al Gore’s Climate campaign; pro-Palestinian and anti-Israel projects; the rights of jihadists and Sharia advocates.
In the ironic rhetoric of compassion, Soros and allies fund mass immigration, amnesty redistricting schemes, illegals’ voting “rights,” protests and smears on Judge Kavanaugh and the Supreme Court, while financing the 2018 campaigns of Democrats Andrew Gillum (D-FL), Jon Tester (D-MT), Claire McCaskill (D-MO), Tim Kaine (D-VA), Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), Krysten Sinema (D-AZ), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and many more. (Soros has long been a major donor to the Democratic Party, co-chairman of Ready for Hillary PAC and previously funded Al Gore, John Kerry, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Al Franken and many far-Left Democrats).
Many now ponder the end goal. Perhaps it is the imposition of a global monoculture. It is at least the destruction of our national identity through demoralization, open borders, drugs, crime, law-fare and media propaganda — the “fundamental transformation” (weakening) of American civil society for the leveraged power of global ‘elites.’ (Mr. Soros has manipulated Asian currencies and elections, broken the Bank of England, is a convicted felon for insider trading in France and is demoralizing many European, African and Latin American nations, while manipulating their elections.)
We urge you to resist collaboration with persons and organizations that receive money from Soros and related globalist social engineers. We must not give control of America’s future to this radical, anti-Christian political and social agenda.
We ask those who have intentionally or unwittingly aided the Progressive agenda in the past to look at the actual consequences of their policies. Please stop inviting fellow believers to assist global profiteers and political activists who are determined to de-Christianize America. Please repent, refuse funding and turn away from those who attack the Church and injure the nation.
A small selection of the 4,000+ signers:
Lt. Gen. Wm. “Jerry” Boykin (U.S. Army, retired)
Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely (U.S. Army, retired)
Dr. Alveda King (author, speaker with Priests for Life)
Bob McEwen (former U.S. Congressman from Ohio)
Steve Largent (NFL Hall of Fame; former U.S. Congressman from Oklahoma)
George Barna (author and pollster)
Eric Metaxas (author)
Wayne Grudem (Phoenix Seminary professor)
Everett Piper (president, Oklahoma Wesleyan University)
Jay Richards (professor, Catholic University)
Fr. Frank Pavone (Priests for Life)
John Becker (Ohio state representative)
Bishop Harry R Jackson, Jr. (High Impact Leadership Coalition)
Mat Staver (founder and chairman, Liberty Counsel)
Tim Wildmon (president, American Family Association)