May Day General Strike
on April 30, 2012 at 5:32 pm
Posted In: Protests
Code Pink says:
Spring is here!
- Because war criminals go on book tours while their victims’ corpses rot, and the families grieve.
- Because 22-yr-olds leave college with heavy loads of debt and few job prospects.
- Because men and women (and yes, even children) roll themselves in blankets and sleep in doorways, night after night.
- Because a professor got a police baton in the chest when she tried to protect UC students from violent cops at Occupy Cal.
- Because “there aren’t enough funds” for childcare or shelters, but there are always enough funds for the Pentagon and the increasingly militarized police forces (read more here).
- Because wealth and power have concentrated increasingly into the richest 1%.
- Because tax loopholes allow wealthy corporations and individuals to pay little or no taxes.