|Join progressive artists and activists and friends from 350 Seattle, WAmend, the Salish Sea Sanctuary movement, and the MLK March.
This Sunday January 19th is Seattle’s Monthly Community Art & Imagery Build Party at the Fremont Abbey!
Where: Fremont Abbey located at 4272 Fremont Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
Who: You, your friends, and other artists, progressive minded activists, organizers and those who like to have fun and build community using our hands to make beautiful art.
When: Every 3rd Sunday. (January 19th, February 16th)
Make visible and vibrant the progressive values and vision we share. Lets create a future worthy of passing onto the next generation. Support and amplify the progressive grassroots movement for human rights, dignity, and ecological well-being while we create a stronger Seattle Community.
No prior skills or experience necessary. We welcome you to share your gifts and passion however you enjoy expressing them.
Newest Project for this month:
Prop making: Exploding Oil Trains in Seattle! We’ll be painting and cutting cardboard to create a very simple and effective one sided prop of oil cars on fire and leaking oil, with messaging printed on them to spread the word about these dangerous trains coming through now with 8x as many proposed (3.5/day). Please reply to Lisa if you can help gather materials or want to help me finish details of the Oil Train design this week!
” we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.”, -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
RSVP on Facebook!
Join us to offer ideas of imagery that your group wants support creating at the next art builds!
This Sunday we’ll make:
- A Fiery Leeky Oil Train prop
- A deer fencing banner “Rise Up!” for the MLK march
- Signs for WAmend signature gatherers.
- Beautiful and colorful batik butterfly flags because migration is beautiful! Make one or more and take one home (see picture below). Wednesday is Immigrant Rights Day
- Gorgeous and colorful batik water banners for Salish Sea Marine Sanctuary. Find out about the effort to establish the sanctuary HERE
Supplies wish list (please let us know what you can bring):
- leftover latex paint: white primer for lettering, black for oil cars (we need lots of this), Red, Orange and Yellow for engine and fire.
- webbing (long lengths of 1″ width or so) for straps and leftover fabric for the packs that we’ll make later in the month
Support artists and organizers by making a contribution for materials and their skilled guidance. (Just put “Seattle Community Art Build” in the dedication section)