1. Democrats in Washington State overwhelmingly voted for Bernie Sanders in the caucuses
72.7% of Washington Democratic caucus attendees preferred Sanders over Hillary. That’s a 45% preference for Sanders. If superdelegates ignore such a wide preference, there will be an uproar, and justly so. An attendee to Gov. Inslee’s precinct caucus says that Inslee spoke in favor of Hillary but Sanders still won that precinct. It seems the party leaders are out of touch with the grassroots.
2. Hillary is a neocon’s neocon
As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton was consistently one of the most hawkish voices in the Obama administration.
- She said President Obama was wrong not to launch missile strikes on Syria in 2013.
- She pushed hard for the overthrow of Qadaffi in 2011.
- She supported the coup government in Honduras in 2009.
- She has backed escalation and prolongation of war in Afghanistan.
- She voted for the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- She skillfully promoted the White House justification for the war on Iraq.
- She does not hesitate to back the use of drones for targeted killing.
- She has consistently backed the military initiatives of Israel.
- She was not ashamed to laugh at the killing of Qadaffi.
- She has not hesitated to warn that she could obliterate Iran.
- She is not afraid to antagonize Russia.
- She helped facilitate a military coup in Ukraine.
- She has the financial support of the arms makers and many of their foreign customers.
- She waived restrictions at the State Department on selling weapons to Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Qatar, all states wise enough to donate to the Clinton Foundation.
- She supported President Bill Clinton’s wars and the power of the president to make war without Congress.
- She has advocated for arming fighters in Syria.
- She supported a surge in Iraq even before President Bush did.
“I have a sense that she’s one of the more competent members of the current administration and it would be interesting to speculate about how she might perform were she to be president.” .Dick Cheney
“I’ve known her for many years now, and I respect her intellect. And she ran the State Department in the most effective way that I’ve ever seen.” .Henry Kissinger
“For this former Republican, and perhaps for others, the only choice will be to vote for Hillary Clinton. The party cannot be saved, but the country still can be.” .Robert Kagan, neocon co-creator of Project for the New American Century.
3. The Clinton foundation is corrupt
Yesterday, Judicial Watch released a batch of documents, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, that it says reveals blatant coordination between then-Secretary of State Clinton and the Clinton Foundation. Stunningly, the internal State Department emails expose Clinton.s eagerness to .thank [Clinton Foundation] supporters for their commitments.. Of course, these .commitments. must mean money. It.s incredible.
And, Clinton.s State Department was apparently coordinating meetings for Bill Clinton with foreign heads of state. If any other employee at the State Department had arranged such meetings for their spouse and actively thanked contributors to their spouse.s foundation, they would likely go to jail.
4. Hillary has close ties to the financial industry and depends on them for campaign funds.
Why won’t she release transcripts of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs and other financial groups?
5. Democratic voters are sick of hawkish corporate sellouts
In various ways, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have betrayed Democratic ideals, by promoting “free trade” agreements, by deregulating Wall Street, by surrounding themselves with Wall Street hacks, and by pursuing imperialistic military engagements and meddling.
6. Hillary might be indicted for the email scandal
7. Hillary’s negatives are high
Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings. HuffPost’s combined polls show a 54.2% unfavorable ratings for Hillary Clinton and a 40.5% unfavorable ratings for Bernie Sanders.
8. Young people overwhelmingly support Bernie Sanders.
Sanders’ nomination will bring millions of young people into the Democratic Party. Hillary’s candidacy will alienate young people, progressives, and Independents who are sick of the status quo.
9. Hillary flip-flops to get votes, Bernie Sanders has been consistent
Hillary has flip-flopped on marriage equality, TPP, the Keystone XL pipeline, and other issues.
10. Sanders’ message of economic inequality and an end to money-in-politics is precisely what America needs
The Definitive, Encyclopedic Case For Why Hillary Clinton is the Wrong Choice makes a detailed case against Hillary.